[Xapian-discuss] Xapian vs Lucene

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Feb 9 04:28:19 GMT 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 11:28:19PM +0000, Yannick Warnier wrote:
> I haven't checked the truthness of both these quotes, so I can't coment
> on them, but I think they must be taken into account if Xapian wants to
> get a better public image.

I don't find these quotes helpful.  Sure the Xapian website isn't
perfect, but "looks like it was written by a 14 year old boy" isn't a
useful bug report.

Similarly, we do discuss the indexing and ranking algorithms, and if you
don't like them, you can even implement your own!

If you really want to help make the website better, constructive
comments are certainly welcome.  But less of the trolling please!