[Xapian-discuss] Tinderbox coverage

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Feb 23 19:19:50 GMT 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 06:15:28PM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 03:02:39PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
>
> > Solaris on x86 and sparc
>
> I may be able to help with this. We're rebuilding our dev environment
> at work, and adding a zone that's on its own VLAN to run the scripts
> at night or over the weekend or something shouldn't be a
> problem. That'll be Solaris 10 on amd64; does Sol10 even exist for
> x86?

Not sure, the sourceforge boxes were Solaris 9 last time I checked.
I've seen marked differences with build problems between x86 and sparc
Solaris, but I imagine x86 and x86-64 are more similar (different word
sizes, but we already have 32 vs 64 bit well covered).

> We have Sol10 on sparc also, and I'll see what we can do, but
> they're rarer except for production.

Covering all the architectures for an OS is a bonus, but having just
one architecture will catch a lot of problems.

> > Linux cross build to CYGWIN
>
> Yikes. What's needed for that?

There's no debian package for it (there are packages for a mingw
cross-compiler), but it shouldn't be too hard to build.  Googling turned
up this likely looking guide:

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/prog-build-cross.html

Alternatively, a native CYGWIN build would fill a similar niche.  It
would be better really, since we could run the test suite too.

> Come mid-March, when I start building niobe, I'm happy to add extra
> gubbins as required.

Cool.