[Xapian-discuss] The dificult of develop an "Solr-like" to Xapian

Rafael SDM Sierra sdm at underlinux.com.br
Wed Jan 3 00:40:24 GMT 2007

Hi all, looking the Incubator of Apache Project[1] I found the project
Solr[2] which is a manager for locals and remotes databases of Lucene,
executing tasks like caching and replication and providing results in
diferents ways (JSON, XML, etc)[3].

Based in this project, I want implement something similar, but I want yours
feeling about it, I don't want start an project that the remote backend
cover, nor start an started project ;)

To explain the ideia, I wrote a basic diagram[4].

What is the dificult to write this system? I'm planning write it in Python
using the python bindings to manage the database and Twisted to manage the
conections

[1] - http://incubator.apache.org/
[2] - http://incubator.apache.org/solr/
[3] - Copied and modified from the introduction of the project: "Solr is an
open source enterprise search server based on the Lucene Java search
library, with XML/HTTP and JSON APIs, hit highlighting, faceted search,
caching, replication, and a web administration interface. It runs in a Java
servlet container such as Tomcat."
[4] - http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1354/xapianmanagermh0.png

--
SDM Underlinux