[Xapian-discuss] omega: $field{sample} clarification

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Jan 28 15:35:09 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 12:31:43AM +0200, shudde wrote:

> Solved my own problem after a lot of trial and error.

A better solution, since you're using omindex, *may* be to use the
htdig noindex markers that we support:

<!--htdig_noindex-->
<!--/htdig_noindex-->

to enclose your chrome and navigation. However that makes them
non-searchable, rather than merely not displayed. (Although with some
work you could do something similar in the display section using
omegascript; alternatively, we could make some more markers that only
affect summary generation.)

<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#noindex_start>

> I'm loving omega so far but I'm not finding omegascript very
> intuitive.

Much of omegascript works as a series of chained filters. It's broadly
similar in some respects to the way that list operators work in Python
(or LISP/Scheme). Actual list syntax (as in how to treat a string as a
list of things) is a bit like TCL.

If you can't get the hang of it, and alternative would be to use the
XML template and re-process that for your own needs.