[Xapian-discuss] query within value range

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Tue Jun 5 16:34:38 BST 2007

Mark Clarkson wrote:
> Your excellent clear description is just what I needed. Thanks very
> much. Would I be right in saying that there can be only one value range
> item that can be used per query when using the query parser?

No. :)

When the query parser find something which looks like a range, each
ValueRangeProcessor is called (in the order they're added to the query
parser) and can decide to accept the range (in which case it returns the
start and end values, so it can do marshalling to make the values into
fixed-width number representations, for example), or reject the range,
in which case the next processor is called.

So, you could have a date range processor, which accepts ranges which
look like dates, and a numeric processor, which accepts ranges which don't.

--
Richard