[Xapian-discuss] Omega deleting a record

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 6 15:10:30 BST 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 02:47:42PM +0200, M.J. van der Veen wrote:
> - I'm unsure how to have omega delete records from the xapian database.
> Do I have to supply the UNIQUE value and nothing else?

Yes, that should work, but it doesn't appear to be documented.  I'll fix
that.

> - Would you recommend using XAPIAN 1.0 in a production environment?

I think so.  1.0.0 does fix several known bugs in 0.9.10, although there
are a lot of changes, so I would advise due care when upgrading a
system.

But 1.0.0 has been out for nearly 3 weeks now and no major bugs have
been reported yet.  This page details the currently known issues which
might affect users:

http://wiki.xapian.org/ReleaseNotes_2f1_2e0_2e0

Note that the Debian and Ubuntu packages version 1.0.0-1 actually
include most of these fixes already.

I'm hoping to get 1.0.1 out soon, but I'm having to fit it in around
other things.