[Xapian-discuss] xapian v0.9.10 vs v1.0.1

- Tong - mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 15:22:02 BST 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 03:34:50 +0000, - Tong - wrote:

> final ... I got it fully working.

FYI. I used version 0.9.10 instead of latest stable version 1.0.1 because, I
can't get the latest stable working. Here is brief list of what I've been
doing.

- First Some background. My main PC is Debian Sarge. The gcc version is 4.1.2.
  I didn't use that. Instead I tried Slackware 11.0, gcc version 3.4.6, and
  Fedora Core 5, gcc version 4.1.1.

- I first compiled xapian/omega version 1.0.1 under Slackware, ie gcc v3.4.6.
  omindex runs ok without parameters. But when used to build db. It
  just hangs there. After break it out, I notice there is only one file
  created in db, flintlock or something. It must has been stopped at the
  locking stage.

- I then tried to compiled xapian/omega version 1.0.1 under Fedora Core 5, but
  the new code won't compile under gcc v4.1.1.

- I then compiled xapian/omega version 0.9.10 in Fedora Core 5, where I
  previously tested everything successfully. But after copying the binary
  executables over to sf.net, omindex won't run, saying it can't find
  libxapian.so.13.  The building procedure is exactly the same in Slackware
  and FC5. So I gave this route up.

- Finally I compiled xapian/omega version 0.9.10 in Slackware, ie gcc v3.4.6.
  This is the version that is running successfully on sf.net now.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sf.net/techdocs/