[Xapian-discuss] Re: How to wrap omega cgi in a script

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jun 22 15:16:49 BST 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 03:34:50AM +0000, - Tong - wrote:
> I've written the how to make use xapian/omega on sourceforge.net, and will
> soon publish it on my site. Also, Olly, please consider allowing me to
> update web pages on xapian.sourceforge.net.

I'll sort that out when I'm a bit less busy, assuming I have the
permissions.

> If granted, I'll put up the small demo book-and-search on it, and write
> another how-to of making use existing xapian.sourceforge.net binary CGI
> files without compiling of your own.

What's your plan for how this would work?

Would we provide a way to allow people to specify content to be indexed,
or would we just make available a working binary installation that they
can use to build and search indexes?

The latter approach is probably simpler, but I can see people having
concerns about running third party built binaries...