[Xapian-discuss] Re: How to wrap omega cgi in a script

- Tong - mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 17:33:29 BST 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:16:49 +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 03:34:50AM +0000, - Tong - wrote:
>> I've written the how to make use xapian/omega on sourceforge.net, and will
>> soon publish it on my site. Also, Olly, please consider allowing me to
>> update web pages on xapian.sourceforge.net.
>
> I'll sort that out when I'm a bit less busy, assuming I have the
> permissions.

Thanks. For your convenient, my SF id is suntong001.

>> If granted, I'll put up the small demo book-and-search on it, and write
>> another how-to of making use existing xapian.sourceforge.net binary CGI
>> files without compiling of your own.
>
> What's your plan for how this would work?
>
> Would we provide a way to allow people to specify content to be indexed,
> or would we just make available a working binary installation that they
> can use to build and search indexes?
>
> The latter approach is probably simpler,

Yes, that's also what I've been planning. and the approach is more
organized and save space/resource on SF too.

> but I can see people having
> concerns about running third party built binaries...

That why I think it is important for the code to be build and endorsed by
xapian team. I can do whatever you think I might help though.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sf.net/techdocs/