[Xapian-discuss] 1.0.0 build problems

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 27 15:40:52 BST 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 04:21:08PM -0400, St?phane Jolicoeur wrote:
> I am trying to install xapian on a solaris 9 box. But I am unable to compile
> it completely it would seem that flint is problematic :
>
> backends/flint/flint_table.cc:1065: error: `CompileTimeCheck' undeclared
> (first use this function)
> gmake[2]: *** [backends/flint/flint_table.lo] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/sjolicoeur/search_engines/xapian-core-1.0.0'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/sjolicoeur/search_engines/xapian-core-1.0.0'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2

You could try 1.0.1, but I don't think anything changed in this area.

Is that the first error you get?  If so, it doesn't make much sense to
me.  If there are previous errors, it might be that you're using an
old version of zlib, but that's just a guess.

> Has anyone encountered this or used xapian on a solaris box?

We used to regularly build SVN snapshots on Solaris, but then
SourceForge closed down their compile farm, so we no longer have
access to Solaris boxes.  0.9.9 was the last release to be tested
and built successfully.