[Xapian-discuss] 1.0.0 build problems

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Jun 27 16:40:00 BST 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 03:40:52PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> > Has anyone encountered this or used xapian on a solaris box?
>
> We used to regularly build SVN snapshots on Solaris, but then
> SourceForge closed down their compile farm, so we no longer have
> access to Solaris boxes.  0.9.9 was the last release to be tested
> and built successfully.

This is our fault: Z_RLE isn't in 1.1.4 of zlib, which is what's on
Solaris 10 by default (no idea what's in Solaris 9). So we need a test
for a more recent version. 1.2.3 (Debian stable has it) has Z_REL, so
I'm guessing the 1.2 series is required for our code.

If you install the latest zlib somewhere you should be able to get
this working - depending on how we're finding zlib.