[Xapian-discuss] Opening/closing indexes - upgrading to write index ?

Joss Shaw jossblowing at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 11:39:10 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's possible to upgrade a read-only index/DB handle to a writeable one ?  Or if I need to close the index and open it again ?  Also if the reverse is true. Can I downgrade a writeable index to a read-only one ?  Or is it a matter of just reopening the index again ?

I'm doing all this in Perl and trying to call the close() method on the index, but nothing happens. I think the writeable index always seems to leave a lock file around because maybe the object isn't properly destructing....