[Xapian-discuss] Phrase query problem with python api

Jean-Francois Dockes jean-francois.dockes at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 19 16:02:57 GMT 2007

By the way, and for the record, the patch referred by the thread cited
below is quite wrong (it handles AND like OR, silly me), it does work for
Recoll though, I still hope that I may get around to writing a correct one.

This kind of (A OR B) NEAR (C OR D) query can be quite natural in the
"real-world" when you are doing stem expansion at query time (like Recoll
does) or probably also when using some kind of thesaurus to expand synonyms.

jf