[Xapian-discuss] Multiple matches in the same file

Pedro Fortuny Ayuso pfortuny at gmail.com
Sat May 5 11:50:04 BST 2007

Hi,

I am new to xapian (and rather satisfied, by
the way. Congrats to the developers). However, I would be
happier if it were able to return multiple matches for
the same document in a coherent fashion. I mean the
obvious: not just returning the document once but the whole
list of document+matches_in_the_document for each "match".

I know this does not make sense for many queries (AND's
specifically), but it would be more than useful for NEAR
queries and ORs, in my opinion.

I may be wrong, though, but IIRC, this is not possible
**at present**, but could be implemented. I may even
venture to try to (and re-get my C++), but I need to
be certain that it does not exist.

The interest is, for example, for literary studies and
for large texts (think of law codes, which are full of
similar entries which may be all of interest).

Thanks,

Pedro.

Pedro Fortuny Ayuso
pfortuny at gmail.com      http://pfortuny.sdf-eu.org
C/Capuchinos 14, 1-S. 47006 Valladolid. SPAIN