[Xapian-discuss] QueryParser prefixing terms when stemming?

Tracy Hurley tracy at hurleyit.com
Wed May 30 21:35:38 BST 2007

I'm new to Xapian and we just recently upgraded to version 1.0.0.0.
However, something seems to have changed during the upgrade and I
need help figuring out how my code should be written.

In version 0.9.9.1 of Search::Xapian, the following code results in
this output "Xapian::Query(pet:(pos=1))".

   my $qp = new Search::Xapian::QueryParser;
   $qp->set_stemmer(new Search::Xapian::Stem('english'));
   $qp->set_default_op(OP_AND);
   $qp->set_stemming_strategy(STEM_SOME);

   warn $qp->parse_query($search_term);

In version 1.0.0.0, the same code results in "Xapian::Query(Zpet:
(pos=1))".  The result is no matches, even though the term pet
exists.  If I use STEM_NONE, the output is the same as the output
from 0.9.9.1 and there are matches.

It seems like the Z is a prefix, but since I'm new to Xapian, I'm not
sure.  Could someone guide me?

Cheers,
Tracy