[Xapian-discuss] QueryParser prefixing terms when stemming?

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Wed May 30 22:20:52 BST 2007

Tracy Hurley wrote:
> I'm new to Xapian and we just recently upgraded to version 1.0.0.0.
> However, something seems to have changed during the upgrade and I need
> help figuring out how my code should be written.
> It seems like the Z is a prefix, but since I'm new to Xapian, I'm not
> sure.  Could someone guide me?

The term generation strategy has changed with the 1.0.0 release.  The
document you need to read is:

http://www.xapian.org/docs/termgenerator.html

It might be worth mentioning that Xapian now includes some routines for
generating terms from text in a manner compatible with the query parser:
see the TermGenerator class.  (I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly how
that's wrapped in Search::Xapian, not being a Perl user.)

--
Richard