[Xapian-discuss] Moving to 1.0.x

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Oct 9 16:38:50 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 11:04:03AM -0400, Mike Boone wrote:
> Actually my 0.8.5 indexer eats a lot of memory when it's doing a full
> index, but I haven't measured it since that version of PHP didn't have
> the memory function compiled in. So the leak might go back that far.

Looking at the history of SWIG's PHP backend, it looks like this bug has
been there pretty much forever.

> Is the fix a simple code tweak that I can recompile, or should I wait
> for you to release it?

There are a lot of changes (because the fix is to change the code SWIG
inserts to wrap C++ objects for PHP) but I can probably provide
replacement xapian_wrap.cc files.  The fix for PHP5 is easy (none of the
code SWIG was inserting is actually needed!) but it'll take me a little
longer to fix for PHP4.