[Xapian-discuss] Search performance issues and profiling/debugging search?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Oct 28 15:02:15 GMT 2007

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:46:44PM +0200, Ron Kass wrote:
> Ok.. Good (sort of) news.. We managed to get the seg fault again..
>
> This time we will keep the DB and this time we got a gdb of such a run.
>
> http://www.pidgintech.com/other/fts/test/gdb_segfault_backtrace_full.txt

This narrows done the error to MultiMatch::get_mset(), but the error
location is reported as being in C++ headers (due to inlining I assume),
so I only know it's during some std::string call in multimatch.cc.

Can you rebuild without optimisation and with assertions and repeat
this?

> (Note: this run is from a more complex test script we have, but the
> error still comes from the same action - getting the mset. We will try
> soon to recreate it with the simpler test script)

It looks like you're collapsing on a value.  Was the previous time this
occurred also when collapsing?

Also, are the valgrind errors when collapsing?