[Xapian-discuss] Xapian not retrieving documents?

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Sep 4 11:23:26 BST 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 10:24:50AM +0100, Kwok-yau Kwong wrote:

> So I guess my question is, does it look as though I am not getting relevant
> search results because my indexer has not been indexing correctly (from the
> delve results) or is Xapian just not retrieving the documents for any
> reasons?

Looking at what you saw from delve(1), I'd say that your indexer isn't
doing what you think it's doing. Without knowing what your indexer is,
or how it works, I can't say much more, but from what you said it
sounds like it's indexing the names of the files rather than the
contents of them, which is a little odd. I assume you're pulling the
text nodes of the XML documents out in your indexer somehow?