[Xapian-discuss] Xapian not retrieving documents?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Sep 4 11:21:24 BST 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 10:24:50AM +0100, Kwok-yau Kwong wrote:
> I am actually unsure what kind of results I should be getting from using
> delve, but I was expecting all the different words/terms to be indexed
> rather than the filenames.

Yes, you should get the terms from the document.

I've no idea what your indexer looks like, but at a guess, are you doing
this?

   termgenerator.index_text(filename);

You need to pass a string containing the text to index, not the filename
of a file containing the text!

If the input is XML, you'll want to parse it first, as otherwise all the
tags will be indexed as terms.  Also, you often don't want to index the
contents of all tags.