[Xapian-discuss]

syed ahmed syed_ahmed_uos at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 9 16:46:55 BST 2007

 hi all,

 could ne one help me by telling me whether the following features are available in xapian.if possible with a link to the reference page in documentation...

**Database querying through Z39.50, SOAP, JDBC and HTTP supported?

Customized request to http server via http header?

A http server to manage search requests?

Cache to store previous results?

A proxy to feed user-browsed pages directly into the process-buffer?

A proxy pre-fetch mechanism?

A caching http Proxy with additional function to filter out unwanted content.?

Multidimensional index to store different features of 3d and 2d models?

Buffer to store the documents or document locators?

Extraction of information from the http header?

Advance Search Option (User Interface)?

Search interface to input sketches ?

Saving common searches supported?

Algorithm to select databases a user wishes to query?like a metasearche engine?

Search for different image formats?

API for image analysis, storage and format conversion?

Multiple OS Support?

Result page with title, date, file size, and url?

Hit highlighting in search results ?

http header request and response support?

Inverted index?

Local database for metadata storage and administration?

A database consisting of  several distributed hash tables?

Document storage?

Regards