[Xapian-discuss] Missing Debian Packages

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Apr 2 01:49:11 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 01:44:30PM -0500, Cory Wright wrote:
> Since the xapian website outage on March 25th, I've noticed that my
> daily Debian updates are failing with 404 errors.   In fact,
> http://xapian.org/debian does not seem to exist.

Yes (as Richard mentioned in his message).  Apologies for any
inconvenience.

> Are there plans to restore the Debian repository?   I would like to
> update to 1.0.6, but I'm waiting for official packages first.

They'll be restored once we can get to the old server, which seems to be
taking longer than expected.  But I haven't packaged 1.0.6 for
Debian/Ubuntu yet.

It's possible I have a copy of the 1.0.5 packages on my desktop machine,
but it's refusing to boot since being shipped to NZ, so I can't
trivially copy them off anyway.  The chroots I build packages in are on
this machine too, which is the main reason why I've not packaged 1.0.6
yet.

> P.S. http://xapian.org/search.php seems to be broken as well.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a copy of the Omega templates it uses.