[Xapian-discuss] FuzzyQuery, Re: Result Snippet Highlighting?

Gert Brinkmann g111 at netcologne.de
Tue Apr 8 17:12:46 BST 2008

Peter Karman wrote:

> The history of the naming is confusing. The Lucy Apache project is still called Lucy.
> http://lucene.apache.org/lucy/  <-- That is what KinoSearch refers to.

But this seems to be a little bit outdated, too.

> No, Search-Tools doesn't care where your data comes from. Could be a Xapian data or value,
> could be original doc, could be any text.
>
> Here's a Perl example using Search::Xapian:
> http://dev.swish-e.org/browser/libswish3/trunk/perl/xsearch.pl

Ah ok, the data is stored in and fetched from the xapian index. This
looks good. So highlighting can be done.

Another feature that I cannot find is, if a fuzzy query is possible in
xapian? (So that e.g. "gna linxu" does find "gnu linux" but gives it a
lower rating.)

Thank you,
Gert