[Xapian-discuss] Static Library Problem

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Apr 15 03:16:43 BST 2008

[Please don't top-post your replies]

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 06:07:12PM +0100, Colin Bell wrote:
> On 14 Apr 2008, at 17:49, Charlie Hull wrote:
> > Olly Betts wrote:
> >>
> >> Odd, this was supposed to be fixed in 1.0.3.  What does this report:
> >>
> >> xapian-config --libs
> >>
> >> (Assuming you're not linking using libtool, since this should just
> >> work then...)
> >
> > I think this is due to a missing Zlib library. I'm not sure what
> > platform you were using in this case, Colin, but I've seen similar
> > things while attempting to reproduce your other problems.

It's clearly a zlib issue, but as I said, this issue should have been
fixed in 1.0.3.

> Yes, a zlib issue indeed. This was on Linux and now that compiles too.

How did you fix it?

If you hacked around the problem, I'd rather track it down and fix it.
Although static linking is usually the wrong approach, it is supposed to
work here.

Can you tell me what this reports:

xapian-config --libs