[Xapian-discuss] Remote() support for Perl

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Dec 2 04:41:04 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 12:03:58PM +0100, Markus Wörle wrote:
> link: http://mrks.de/xapian/remote-patch

That looks fine, except I don't think you want to make parameter port
have type short - negative ports don't make sense, and ports up to 65535
are valid.  So unsigned short seems a better option, but the Xapian C++
API uses unsigned int, so that seems most consistent.

> I see. My patch does neither include documentation nor test-cases so
> far. Since I am slightly busy right now and don't get around to fixing
> this promptly, I just linked the current patch for completeness.

We're trying to ensure that any new feature is documented and has test
coverage (and that bug fixes add a regression test where plausible).
Sorry if that seems a bit fussy, but it really is for everyone's long
term good, so I'm reluctant to make exceptions.  I'm afraid I have quite
a backlog currently so I can't really fill in gaps in patches myself.