[Xapian-discuss] Remote() support for Perl

Markus Wörle mrks at mrks.de
Mon Dec 1 11:03:58 GMT 2008

Am 01.12.2008 um 11:06 schrieb Olly Betts:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 04:08:11PM +0100, Markus Wörle wrote:
>> I actually need it now, and wrote a patch (which is attached).
>
> I don't see a patch - just an empty attachment.  Perhaps the list
> mangled it?  Probably better to post a link or open a ticket for it in
> trac.

Uhm, it seemed properly atached in my sentbox copy, anyway, here is a
link: http://mrks.de/xapian/remote-patch

>> Would it be possible to include it in further releases (at least
>> until
>> SWIG C++ to Perl is available)?
>
> Well, I can't promise for an unseen patch, but probably yes if it
> works,
> includes any appropriate documentation updates, and adds test coverage
> (so that we know it works and will continue to!)

I see. My patch does neither include documentation nor test-cases so
far. Since I am slightly busy right now and don't get around to fixing
this promptly, I just linked the current patch for completeness.

Regards,
mrks