[Xapian-discuss] compile problems with solaris 10

Henry henka at cityweb.co.za
Sat Dec 6 07:15:10 GMT 2008

Quoting "Hal Huntley" <hal.huntley at sri.com>:

> I have a couple of problems compiling xapian-core on a Solaris 10  sparc
> T5220 box.
>
> I have gcc 3.4.6 from sunfreeware.com on the system.
> *** ./configure CXX=/opt/bin/c++

I could be wrong, but it looks like you don't have g++ (GNU's C++
compiler) installed.  Check with:

% g++
g++: no input files    <-- should see something like this

You'll either need to install g++, or if SUN has renamed g++ to
something else (maybe c++?), use the appropriate ./configure line as
above.

The last time I played with GNU on SUN was, .../thinks/..., 12+ years
ago :o.  dammit, I refuse to feel old.

Cheers
Henry