[Xapian-discuss] Core dupmed error in Xapian::WritableDatabase::delete_document (const std::string &unique_term)

Hightman(马明练) hightman at zuaa.zju.edu.cn
Thu Jan 24 12:06:11 GMT 2008

Hello, I found this bug many times. When I call the delete_document() and pass the term parameter to delete some matched documents from the exists Xapian Database, It caught the some error, the following is the orignal error message on the screen:

---

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)

----
But once delete_document() call matched fewer documents, It have not errors. So I guess that when delete many documents(about 10,000 or more) by a term, the Xapian will be terminated. :(

Is there a code bug? How can I solve this problem? thanks

        Hightman
          2008-01-24