[Xapian-discuss] Core dupmed error in Xapian::WritableDatabase::delete_document (const std::string &unique_term)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jan 24 12:48:51 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 08:06:11PM +0800, Hightman(??????) wrote:
> Hello, I found this bug many times. When I call the delete_document()
> and pass the term parameter to delete some matched documents from the
> exists Xapian Database, It caught the some error, the following is the
> orignal error message on the screen:
>
> ---
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
>   what():  St9bad_alloc
> Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)

This probably means you're running out of memory.  Are you low on
memory?

Otherwise, I guess heap corruption could cause this.  What platform are
you on?  If valgrind is available, can you run your program under it
to see if it reports anything.

> But once delete_document() call matched fewer documents, It have not
> errors. So I guess that when delete many documents(about 10,000 or
> more) by a term, the Xapian will be terminated. :(

I don't really see why this would consume a lot of memory.