[Xapian-discuss] debs for perl libs

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Wed Jul 16 00:08:25 BST 2008

Amias Channer wrote:
> I'm having trouble installing the libs for Xapian on a debian etch box ,
> there seem to be packages for libxapian-perl for other versions of debian
> and for ubuntu but not for etch.

Do you mean libsearch-xapian-perl? I'm using 1.0.5 fine on etch for
TheyWorkForYou; looks like I simply made it using dh-make-perl on a sarge
machine, and that installs fine (for us) on an etch machine.

You could add debian.mysociety.org to your sources.list? :)

I see there's also an etch backport of 1.0.4 at
http://packages.debian.org/etch-backports/libsearch-xapian-perl

ATB,
Matthew