[Xapian-discuss] Getting started with Xapian in Perl

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Jun 4 18:12:15 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 05:35:32PM +0100, Amias Channer wrote:

> I'm starting up a project to build a search tool for an existing
> application and would like to use Xapian to do it.  I'm having
> trouble understanding the concepts of Xapian searching and
> can't find much documentation for the Perl lib.  I would very
> much appreciate a simple demo script that shows the way to
> to do adding and searching so i can see how to get started.

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/2196> has
an example of indexing; the Perl bindings themselves come with an
example of searching, based on the simplesearch that is an example for
C++, Python and PHP.

<http://xapian.org/docs/overview> will also be helpful, as it explains
how Xapian works from the perspective of a developer using it.