[Xapian-discuss] Spell Checking

Martin Hearn martinhearn at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 16:38:59 GMT 2008

Hi

Continuing my investigation with spelling, I have a record with this
data: "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

delve -r 1237832 full
Term List for record #1237832: Zand Zfire Zgoblet Zharri Zjk Zof
Zpotter Zrowl Zthe and fire goblet harry id1237832 jk of potter
rowling the

Should I expect the spell checker to suggest this record if I search
"Harry Porter Goblet" rather than "Harry Potter Goblet" (replacing a t
in potter with r)

At the moment it comes back with nothing at distances up to 10.

If I search "hairy potter goblet" Xapian recommends fairyspotters.

(Term List for record #676097: Zclibbon Zfairyspott Zguid Zmeg clibbon
fairyspotters guide id676097 meg)

Am I expecting the wrong things from this?

Setting the stemming strategy and default op doesn't make any
difference to the results.

Many thanks

Martin