[Xapian-discuss] Spell Checking

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Mar 18 04:03:32 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 04:38:59PM +0000, Martin Hearn wrote:
> Continuing my investigation with spelling, I have a record with this
> data: "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"
>
> delve -r 1237832 full
> Term List for record #1237832: Zand Zfire Zgoblet Zharri Zjk Zof
> Zpotter Zrowl Zthe and fire goblet harry id1237832 jk of potter
> rowling the
>
> Should I expect the spell checker to suggest this record

The spell checker suggests words, not records/documents.

> if I search "Harry Porter Goblet" rather than "Harry Potter Goblet"
> (replacing a t  in potter with r)

I can't tell you from the information given.  I'd need to know what
spellings you've added.

If you can post a short example program which creates the index from
scratch and then shows the spell correction not working as you'd
expect, it would be a lot easier to understand what's going on.