[Xapian-discuss] Document snippet generation

Kevin Duraj kevin.softdev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:54:22 GMT 2008

Colin,

Your code does not compile on Linux, I think it was written on Windows
and I do not have much time to fix it. Even so, here is another great
algorithm Gunning fog index.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunning_fog_index

Gunning fog index is designed to measure the readability of English
writing. The resulting number is an indication of the number of years
of formal education that a person requires in order to easily
understand the text on the first reading. With Gunning fog index we
could potentially measure the intelligence of a web page, assign boost
value to it and get some great page ranking like Google does. :-)

Kevin Duraj
http://myhealthcare.com