[Xapian-discuss] [ANN] mu-0.2, maildir indexer/searcher with xapian support

djcb djcb.bulk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:49:34 BST 2008

Hi all,

[ Hopefully announcements like this are appropriate here... ]

I've just released version 0.2 of my maildir scanner/search called 'mu':
http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/
It it's written in C and a bit of C++, and released under the GPL.

Thanks for the help I got here, it was quite easy to integrate Xapian,
and it works really nice -- a high quality product. Great job!

Mu uses Xapian for content searches (and SQLite for metadata search), so
you can do something like:

 $ mu-find f:john at test.com d:20060101-20061231 x:'banana OR pear OR apple'

To find that mail that John sent you in 2006, about some
fruit. Everything after the 'x:' is a Xapian query, and it's combined
with the SQLite query. You can get the results on the console, or as
symlinks to the messages, for integration with mutt and friends.

In a future version I will extend Xapian support, the first thing will
probably be a language detector so stemming will work.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb at djcbsoftware.nl>
blog: http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/ChangeLog (NL)