[Xapian-discuss] Search docs with terms that match a pattern

David Versmisse david.versmisse at itaapy.com
Tue Apr 7 09:33:12 BST 2009

Hello,

I have once again a small question: Is it possible to search a pattern
like "*foo*" ? I saw that we can use QueryParser::FLAG_WILDCARD but
only with "foo*" patterns. Have you got a trick to do that ?

And an other question with wildcards: i tested FLAG_WILDCARD and the
QueryParser, but i have some problems with special characters (by
example "/"). Is it possible to use escape characters to do that? I
tried "\/", but without good results. The problem is that your terms
are often "id", or something like that, with a lot of special
characters :-(

By advance, thank you for your answer,

Best regards,
David V.