[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.7-3.1 (python libs) : can't find anything

Cedric Jeanneret cedric.jeanneret at camptocamp.com
Thu Apr 23 11:46:26 BST 2009

Hello again.

really, really weird : I tried the sha1sum thing... and guess what: NO difference between directories !

and :

[server where's my search engine]
root at sawi:/var/lib/xapian_dbs/commun# delve -t ifremer .
term `ifremer' not in database

[source server]
delve -t ifremer .
Posting List for term `ifrem': 1 5 102 121 132 139 [....... a lot of files]

Arch are exactly the same:
Linux fileserver 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 27 05:10:50 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

("servers" are openvz containers, if it can help you).

I just tried to scp indexes, and same result...

I just tested something :
[server where's my search engine]
root at sawi:/var/lib/xapian_dbs/commun# delve --version
delve - xapian-core 1.0.7

[source server]
delve --version
delve - xapian-core 0.9.9

I guess that's the trick..... indexes made with 0.9.9 aren't compatible with 1.0.7... ?

Regards,

C. Jeanneret

--
Cédric Jeanneret                 |  System Administrator
021 619 10 32                    |  Camptocamp SA