[Xapian-discuss] Is the wiki down?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jan 7 09:01:54 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 12:38:27AM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 12:33:37AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
>
> > > *Trac detected an internal error:*
> > > OperationalError: database is locked
> >
> > I'm not sure I've seen this error before, but the log doesn't mean much
> > to me I'm afraid.
>
> Pretty sure it happened because sometimes (during certain Xapian test
> runs) atreus' disks are getting maxed out, so anything that touches
> disk was taking much longer than usual.

I've noticed it gets pretty loaded sometimes after midnight UK time.  If
there are times at which I should avoid running the snapshot build cron
job, let me know when.  It does already do a load average test before
starting, but maybe it's not conservative enough, or else the load
climbs after the build has begun.

> Yeah, it's on my list of things to upgrade to the latest version. The
> upgrade itself should be pretty smooth, but needs a bit of care. I've
> provisionally blocked some time in on Monday 12th to get it done;
> hopefully I won't have to push that back at all.

OK, cool.