[Xapian-discuss] Is the wiki down?

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Jan 7 00:38:27 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 12:33:37AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:

> > *Trac detected an internal error:*
> > OperationalError: database is locked
>
> I'm not sure I've seen this error before, but the log doesn't mean much
> to me I'm afraid.

Pretty sure it happened because sometimes (during certain Xapian test
runs) atreus' disks are getting maxed out, so anything that touches
disk was taking much longer than usual.

> We've been having some issues with trac hanging and also with its memory
> usage soaring, and at present I believe James has a cron job which
> restarts trac periodically to work around these issues (which is
> probably how this "fixed itself").

Actually, the last upgrade largely fixed this. I've had to restart
once or twice since then manually.

> I think we should considering upgrading to a newer trac release as this
> fixes a bug which sounds very much like the hanging scenario at least:
>
> http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4465

Yeah, it's on my list of things to upgrade to the latest version. The
upgrade itself should be pretty smooth, but needs a bit of care. I've
provisionally blocked some time in on Monday 12th to get it done;
hopefully I won't have to push that back at all.