[Xapian-discuss] Bug in set_cutoff - xapian-core 1.0.10

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jan 14 12:03:22 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:18:33PM -0800, Kevin Duraj wrote:
> We have a bug when calling set_cutoff and
> set_sort_by_value_then_relevance functions. Some documents are
> displaying at the beginning and at end of result sets but are not
> displaying in middle of result set.

I think this is likely the same issue as this bug:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/216

I wrote a fix for this (aside from one corner case) last month and
attached a patch to the ticket - could you try it and see if it fixes
your problem:

http://trac.xapian.org/raw-attachment/ticket/216/bug216-fix.patch

We've been considering whether to apply this for 1.0.x - previously the
bug had only been noted from reading the code, and it means we do more
work (calculating of weights for documents we're about to discard)
adding overhead.

If it does fix your problem, I'm inclined to apply the patch for 1.0.11.