[Xapian-discuss] omindex hangs while scanning (update)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 23 13:48:37 BST 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 02:28:59PM +0200, Elke + Rolf Koehling wrote:
> with upgrades of:
>     autoconf-2.61.tar.bz2
>     automake-1.10.tar.bz2
>     libtool-1.5.24.tar.gz

You're saying you forced these to be used?  They're actually all older
than the versions used to generate the released 1.0.13 source tarball
so if so then you're downgrading not upgrading!

> Note: I had some minor problem compiling it, but solved that with help
> from google:
>     libtool: ignoring unknown tag CXX
>     The AC_LIBTOOL_TAGS([CXX])
>     macro in configure.ac needs CXX to be set before it is used. Placing
>     an AC_PROG_CXX before it solves this problem and the build continues.

I don't see "AC_LIBTOOL_TAGS" used in xapian-core or xapian-omega's
configure.ac, so you've lost me here.

> Starting the omindex I get the following output
>
>     [Entering directory /]
>     [Entering directory /book]
>     Indexing "/book/ci_01.htm" as text/html ...
>
> and in the db directory I find the following new files:

So is that new file's full path:

D:/develop/apache22/cgi-bin/omega/data/default/D

What does it contain?

If you drop in this omindex.cc in place of the shipped one and rebuild,
what's output then:

http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/omindex.cc