[Xapian-discuss] Bug regarding search limit.

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Mar 25 12:48:27 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:11:54PM +1030, Frank J Bruzzaniti wrote:

> I put in about 20 terms and get 304 matches.
>
> I click on page 2, page 3, etc all works well till I hit page 21 then my
> matches go down to 201 and I just get 1 more result.

Omega (and indeed Xapian) generally estimates the total number of
matches, for efficiency reasons. Accordingly it can be
inaccurate, sometimes by a fair amount.

We have a FAQ on increasing accuracy of the estimate:
<http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/MoreAccurateEstimates>. Currently I
don't believe it's possible to use checkatleast with omega, but I
imagine it could be modified to allow this fairly easily.

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org