[Xapian-discuss] Using xapian-tcpsrv for both indexing and searching

Miki Tebeka miki at fattoc.com
Wed May 6 20:15:45 BST 2009

Hello All,

I'm trying to use xapian-tcpsrv for both indexing and searching.

Running "xapian-tcpsrv --writable --timeout 0 /path/to/db"
Then I have one process which connects to the server and indexes new
documents, (this works good).

However when I try to connect in another process for searching, I get:
    xapian.DatabaseLockError: REMOTE:Unable to acquire database write lock on
    db: already locked
(Using Python bindings).

If I remote the --writable switch then the indexer process exits with
    xapian.InvalidOperationError: REMOTE:Server is read-only
(Which is expected).

Any ideas on how to solve this?
Is there a better way to use xapian in server/client mode?

Thanks,
--
Miki Tebeka
miki at fattoc.com