[Xapian-discuss] omindex options

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed May 20 09:35:41 BST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 02:15:13PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> This is the `sites` concept of omindex. I believe these days it's
> mainly useful when your URI space maps onto several different parts of
> your file system. You can also use it to index multiple different
> websites (ie on different hostnames) in one database.

I wouldn't copy this feature - it would be much better if this and
--preserve-nonduplicates were replaced with some sort of configuration
file which listed one or more starting directories with path->URL
mappings for each.

This isn't a new idea, but we don't have a ticket for it yet, so I just
created one:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/376