[Xapian-discuss] omindex options

Eric Voisard eric.voisard at atisuher.ch
Wed May 20 13:27:41 BST 2009

Hi Srijon,

> I have tried to keep the code as close to possible to the omindex native
> code, but am facing a bit of confusion: what exactly is the reason for
> omindex to take in a base directory AND a subdirectory. In other words, what
> scenario is possible that cannot be covered by just passing in a directory
> and a corresponding mapping to the url.
>
> * I _know_ there was something I read somewhere about this - but could not
> find it when I needed it (now). If someone has a link, that would help as
> well.

As james said, it's the "sites" concept of omindex that is described on
the Omega overview page: http://www.xapian.org/docs/omega/overview.html

I actually used this to divide my indexing of large directory trees, to
avoid omindex eating up all my computer's memory and then failing to
index some documents, when it had to do a large tree in one single pass.
It proved useful.

Eric

ATIS Uher S.A.
CH 2046 Fontaines

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received this message by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. All messages sent to and from ATIS Uher S.A. may be monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our business. E-Mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept these risks.