[Xapian-discuss] Avoiding "stale" Search Results

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed May 20 21:00:13 BST 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:51:20PM -0700, Miki Tebeka wrote:

> > > I guess I'm looking for a way to make the results not lazy.
>
> Easier yes, but in my case where the backend is updated frequently is poses
> a problem. I have a work around but it's ugly ;)

If you read all 10 (say) items in the MSet as soon as you grab it, you
should only rarely need to reopen the db in the process. Or (better,
and neater) stick the entire thing behind some sort of facade
interface that does the reopening for you.

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org