[Xapian-discuss] Grouping Results (again)

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Mon Nov 2 10:58:41 GMT 2009

2009/11/2 Ben Campbell <ben at scumways.com>:
> I've got a bunch of indexed documents (newspaper articles).
> Each document has 0 or more authors.
>
> I want to show search results grouped by author.

What does that mean, where there is more than 1 author?  Would you
want a search result to appear in multiple groups?  Or somehow pick
one of the author groups to appear under?

The separate database approach you mention might well be a good idea -
though if you need to do incremental updates, that might be a killer.

Alternatively, the facet support (on trunk, and improved to allow
multiple facet values for a particular category in the matchspy
branch) might be what you want.  This will let you get a list of all
the authors which are in your result set.

--
Richard