[Xapian-discuss] InvalidArgumentError throw using Turkish stemmer and posting text "'leri"

Tom Leitch tom.leitch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:45:58 BST 2009

Hi all,
I've come across a very strange bug with Xapian 1.0.9.0 and the Turkish
query parser when trying to index a string (as posting) that looks like
this: "...bir araya getiren CD'leri son teknolojiyle piyasaya...". The
actual offending bit of the string is:  'leri

It throws the message I have shown below. The real annoyance is that I can't
seem to catch it because it is thrown from the XS (is there any kind of
signal trap that might catch this?)

'Xapian::InvalidArgumentError'
Aborted

tom