[Xapian-discuss] InvalidArgumentError throw using Turkish stemmer and posting text "'leri"

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 10 14:53:51 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 03:45:58PM +0100, Tom Leitch wrote:
> I've come across a very strange bug with Xapian 1.0.9.0 and the Turkish
> query parser when trying to index a string (as posting) that looks like
> this: "...bir araya getiren CD'leri son teknolojiyle piyasaya...". The
> actual offending bit of the string is:  'leri

I'm struggling to follow exactly what you're doing to cause this
exception.  I can successfully stem "'leri" with the Turkish stemmer.

Can you post some actual code (ideally something self-contained)?

> It throws the message I have shown below. The real annoyance is that I can't
> seem to catch it because it is thrown from the XS (is there any kind of
> signal trap that might catch this?)

Upgrading would help if this is coming from Xapian::Document - 1.0.14.0
adds exception handling to methods of Xapian::Document.