[Xapian-discuss] Ruby Bindings

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 14 02:35:33 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 02:55:48PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 01:15:11PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> > The problem was that SWIG didn't wrap it properly due to handling of
> > the private clone method.  It's quite possible that issue is now fixed
> > in SWIG, and it may not be an issue for 1.1 anyway as the Weight API
> > has been overhauled.
>
> That's (probably) no longer a problem, but unserialise() returning a
> pointer is raising warnings that this is considered
> 'dangerous'.

It's a factory function, so SWIG may need to be told that (%newobject
IIRC).

> Ignoring this for the time being, there are then a whole
> load of errors for Weight member function wrappers to do with
> threading.

No idea about that.

> This all with 1.3.40,

Is that the in-tree SWIG "1.3.40"?  That may not be the same as the
released 1.3.40.

> so it doesn't look good unless someone has time to look at this
> properly.

I don't currently - this isn't a blocker for releasing 1.2.0 (it was
never supported in previous releases either) and that's my current
focus.

Please open a ticket with your findings though.